Monday, October 22, 2007

Test for Automatic Posting to your Other Blog at Blogger

This is the first test for posting your Blog to multiple Blogs at Blogger.

What I am going to do is to set this Blog to send an email to me whenever I Publish a Post in this Blog.

The email Account I have set to send the Blog Post to is a Gmail Account which has the filtering capability.

All mails that are sent on Publishing of new Posts have the Subject field in the format [<Blog Title>] <Post Subject>. I will create a filter in my Google account to filter these emails and forward them to the Mail-to-Blogger Address(an address by which you can post to your blog via email.) for the Other Blog. selecting the radio button labeled Save emails as draft posts so that I can make changes to the posts before publishing in the Other account. Not sure though this might not be required. let's see..

This should do the trick and make a post to the other Blogger account.

PS: hmmm didn't work. Gmail not forwarding the mail to Blogger. Tried various tricks but with no luck. May be will try again later. DO comment if you find any solution.

No comments: